The HDRS Program is currently accepting applications for Two postdoctoral positions that are available as of July 1, 2019.
The HDRS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program funded since 2005 by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development and supported by the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in the School of Medicine and Public Health provides training at the postdoctoral level in interdisciplinary research that addresses disparities in health status and health outcomes among minority populations with an emphasis on maternal/child, adolescent and family health.
- Applicants must have completed all doctoral degree requirements by the time of entry into the program.
- Applicants must be a citizen or a noncitizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence at the time of appointment. Individuals who have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence must have a currently valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551) or other legal verification of such status.
Stipends and Benefits: Fellows are supported for up to 3 years. Annual stipend levels are set by the National Institutes of Health and are determined by the number of full years of relevant postdoctoral experience when the appointment is made. Fellows have access to the full range of resources offered by the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Each Fellow is provided with shared office space plus library privileges, access to health insurance, and support for research training, and travel to conferences.
HOW TO APPLY: Deadline for submission of application is February 1, 2019.
To apply, please submit the following documents in a single pdf file to Dr. Pam Asquith, Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter describing your relevant experience and scholarly interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Research Statement summarizing your dissertation research and future research interests (Limit to 2 pages)
- Writing sample: one chapter of the dissertation OR one published/forthcoming article that best represents your intellectual interests.
Confidential letters of reference from three referees. Additional letters cannot be included. Signed letters should be emailed by referees directly in Word or PDF format to Program Director, Dr. Deborah Ehrenthal at email@example.com.
Please be sure to send your referees the guidelines below:
- Subject line of the email should be: “T32 Postdoc, applicant's last name, first name”
- Electronic letterhead and signature
- Address letter to: Deborah Ehrenthal, MD, MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- It is not necessary to mail a hard copy of the letter