REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
The HDRS Program is not currently accepting applications.
The goals for the HDRS Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program are to foster training opportunities for the next generation of investigators within health disparities research. The fellowship program has been supported since 2007 by an institutional training grant from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development (NICHD). The Health Disparities Research Scholars (HDRS) program provides training and mentoring at the postdoctoral level in interdisciplinary research that addresses disparities in health status and health outcomes among minority populations with an emphasis on maternal/child, adolescent and family health. Candidates from diverse backgrounds and disciplines across the social, behavioral, biological, and health sciences are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have completed all doctoral degree requirements by the time of entry into the program.
- Applicants must be a citizen or a noncitizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence at the time of appointment. Individuals who have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence must have a currently valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551) or other legal verification of such status.
Stipends and Benefits: Stipend levels depend on years of related experience and are set by the National Institutes of Health. Fellows have access to the full range of resources offered by the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Each Fellow is provided with shared office space (when it is safe to return to campus), computer, health insurance, travel to conferences, and support for research training and professional development.
Diversity Statement: Diversity of experience, ability/disability, religion, race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation contribute to the richness of the training and professional experience for scholars and faculty participating in the Health Disparities Research Scholars Program.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit the following documents in a single pdf file to Lisa Scott, Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. HDRS Application Form ( Download )
2. Current curriculum vitae
3. Personal statement summarizing your research interests in the area of health disparities, professional career goals and expectations for the postdoctoral training experience (Limit to 3 pages)
4. Writing sample: one chapter of the dissertation OR one published/forthcoming article that best represents your intellectual interests.
5. List of 3 References Required. One reference should be your dissertation chair.
Questions? Please contact us:
Deborah Ehrenthal, MD, MPH, Program Director, email@example.com.
Lisa Scott, PhD, Program Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.