Faculty Mentoring Program
The mission of the Ob-Gyn Faculty Mentoring Program is to support the professional development, success and well-being of all faculty in the department.
To achieve this mission, the department is committed to:
- Supporting mentoring committees to function effectively for the mentees
- Recognizing that mentoring relationships extend beyond the role of formal mentoring committees
- Sharing mentoring resources and tools that are applicable to all faculty ranks and tracks
- Offering information about best practices for mentors and mentees
- Integrating mentor training within faculty development opportunities
- Acknowledging the value that successful mentoring relationships have in promoting an inclusive and diverse work environment
The primary role of the mentoring committee is to provide valuable and effective guidance to assistant professors with regard to promotion. The Faculty Mentoring Handbook offers a comprehensive guide to how mentoring committees are formed and supported in the department, the roles and responsibilities of committee members and current promotional guidelines and timelines across all tracks.
The Science of Effective Mentorship in STEMM. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. 2019.
National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD): On-demand access to the mentoring, tools, and support you need to be successful in the Academy. (The University of Wisconsin is an institutional member of NCFDD. Select UW-Madison from list of institutions to register and claim your free membership.)